You can also listen to the article here:
Netflix lost 2M subscribers, 70% of its market value and laid off 450 employees in 2022. Looking to add a lower ad-supported offering, no longer releasing episodes at once, exploring new formats and acquiring gaming studios. Is Netflix turning into a traditional TV network? Times are not easy with increasing competition for talent, content, eyeballs and…sleep.
In this video:
- 00:00 Intro: what happened with Netflix?
- 00:38 Why is Netflix losing content and subscribers?
- 04:04 Challenges for Netflix
- 04:22 Challenges: Talent Pool
- 05:36 Challenges: Discovery
- 07:42 Challenges: Monetization
- 08:28 What’s next for Netflix?
- 08:41 Next: Lower ad-supported offering
- 09:34 Next: Content updates
- 11:05 Next: New lines of business
- 12:25 Conclusion: What was promised?